| W H O  I S  A D D I? | C O M M U N I C A T I O N |N E W S | G U E S T H O U S E S | F R I E N D S | E U R O V I S I O N  |
From Who Is Addi?|Mánudagsfréttin 29. janúar 2007


Sunday, January 29, 2006

Finally found my password...typical!

Yes my friends,

Finally I´m able to write some poetic words or just the daily happenings on the blogger.
I am not going to tell you all about what have been happening since I last put some words on the web, but I am doing great and there are some great times to come...
I celebrated my xx years on this earth on the 26 of January and had a fantastic day. The kids and Gunnar had cuisined a great dinner for me and I didn´t had to do anything accept studying, which was great!
We had invited Sigga, our great icelandic friend who is studying french at sorbonne, to dinner.
A great day to remember. My second birthday in Paris.

I do think,though, that I have to tell you that I have gone through some great times since September 2005. I started my first year at The American university of Paris in September 2005 and had a terrific start. But the first issue that I had to get accustomed to is the "parenthood" but I didn´t have great problems but there are always some that you have to deal with for sure! Today everything is going as planned before hand.
Secondly I had to get accustomed to the American University system and their way of doing and their way of thinking. I started to study an intensive english writing, grammar, linguistics and the culture of the english speaking world as well as divers cultures. The third is the club that I founded or started at AUP, the Gay Straight Alliance, "G.S alliance". There have been students that have tried to start a Gay club at the univ. but hasn´gone as planned. I have had some difficulties with the club BUT I am grown up to "not giving up", as most Icelanders are accustomed to.
I found my freshman semester great and I think that I will be doing greater further as time will pass.

For the time being I am studying more interesting curses - Philosophy, New Economy and Media, French, Math, The internet, English writing...all together it´s 19 credits and far more than the average - an icelandic way of doing things, right?
A great man, I know, told me that it´s not enough doing 100% - do 110%! Always do a bit more than you are capable of.

Turning to another issue. Svana! thank you for the greatings on my birthday and do hope you and Niels are not going to have any problems moving to your new place in Kopavogur on the 6th of February , a great city that is known for it´s horrible roads. My parents are partly grown up there and I worked for the "bæjarvinnu Kópavogs" so I can make some comic statements about the "city", or not! The city is great and has alot of history - just go to the "tourist information center" in Austurstræti, Reykajvik, and they will give you some information...at least you can be in contact with Svana and she´ll show you around. She is great and very friendly and has an understanding in divers cultures - So be in contact with her; She´ll love to meet you (Kópavogur is in the suburbs of Reykjavik; takes only 10 minutes driving from down town Reykjavik. Every tourist drive through Kópavogur, arriving from the international airport in Keflavik: and has the biggest mal in Iceland; Smáralind.)

Have to stop here! BUT I´ll update my blogger and "give" you some of my thoughts.

Ykkar Addi

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaman að þú ert byrjaður að blogga...ég set þig inn á link hjá mér :)
Og TIL HAMINGJU með afmælið um daginn :)
XOX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


SPECIAL NEWSGAY | created by NewsAddi